The Nazi regime controlled every aspects of life in Germany, even who you married. In 1935 the Reich Committee for Public Health Service issued the guidelines for getting married.
It was published as ‘die zehn Gebote für die Gattenwahl’ the 10 commandments for choosing a spouse.
- Always remember that you are a German.
2. Be sure to marry if you are genetically healthy.
3. Ensure that you keep your body clean.
4. Keep your soul and spirit clean.
5. As a German, you should only take a spouse of German or Nordic blood.
6. When deciding on a spouse, investigate his or her ancestry.
7. Physical health is the prerequisite for outward beauty.
8. Marry only for love.
9. In relationships, do not seek a temporary plaything, look for a partner for marriage.
10. You should want as many children as possible.
These 10 commandments were published in women’s magazines like “NS-Frauen-Warte” but also in pamphlets distributed to all students graduating from a trade school under the Nazi regime.
So many got married because their “Führer” wished so, yet he only got married a few hours before he killed himself.
I am passionate about my site and I know you all like reading my blogs. I have been doing this at no cost and will continue to do so. All I ask is for a voluntary donation of $2, however if you are not in a position to do so I can fully understand, maybe next time then. Thank you. To donate click on the credit/debit card icon of the card you will use. If you want to donate more then $2 just add a higher number in the box left from the PayPal link. Many thanks.