The Nazi regime controlled every aspects of life in Germany, even who you married. In 1935 the Reich Committee for Public Health Service issued the guidelines for getting married.
It was published as ‘die zehn Gebote für die Gattenwahl’ the 10 commandments for choosing a spouse.
- Always remember that you are a German.
2. Be sure to marry if you are genetically healthy.
3. Ensure that you keep your body clean.
4. Keep your soul and spirit clean.
5. As a German, you should only take a spouse of German or Nordic blood.
6. When deciding on a spouse, investigate his or her ancestry.
7. Physical health is the prerequisite for outward beauty.
8. Marry only for love.
9. In relationships, do not seek a temporary plaything, look for a partner for marriage.
10. You should want as many children as possible.
These 10 commandments were published in women’s magazines…
View original post 44 more words