Greta Thunberg compared to Anne Frank

Greta

I just want to make this perfectly clear from the outset I have no issues with Greta Thunberg. I admire what she does and stands for, but I just don’t fully agree with her.

Today I questioned in a Facebook group if we should take her word as gospel.

To my shock I got a reply comparing her to Anne Frank. After Peta’s comparison of the killing of chickens to the Holocaust. I didn’t think anything else could surprise me.

Below are the comments and replies to that post.

John D- This sentence immediately disqualifies this opinion piece. “In sharp contrast to these climate realists, the climate alarmists have long admitted that they cannot defend their theory that humans are causing catastrophic global warming in public debate. ”

· Reply · 1h
Dirk de Klein
Dirk de Klein So we are disqualifying a report published in a reputable media outlet but are taking the words of a 16 year old as gospel?

· Reply · 1h
John D
John D Dirk de Klein First off you didn’t link to a report. So I am uncertain of what you are saying. And would you not believe the writings of Anne Frank? She was only 15

· Reply · 1h
Dirk de Klein
You can hardly compare a Holocaust victim with a privileged teenager. You have lost the argument there. Anne Frank wrote about her daily experience in an awful situation for fear of her life

· Reply · 1h
John D
John D- Dirk de Klein Yet you choose to believe one but not the other.

· Reply · 1h
Dirk de Klein
As I said once you compare a Holocaust victim who died in horrible circumstances to a privileged teenager you lost the argument and in fact it is a bit sick

· Reply · 43m
John D
Dirk de Klein Sorry Dirk but that is intact the argument of someone who lost the argument overall. You keep referring to her as a “Privileged Teenager”. Why? Because she doesn’t hold your same viewpoint? Sounds like you are the privileged one.
To quote the person you are speaking of: “You don’t listen to the science because you are only interested in solutions that will enable you to carry on like before,”
Dirk de Klein
Greta her mother is Swedish opera singer Malena Ernman and her father is actor Svante Thunberg, Her grandfather is actor and director Olof Thunberg. Anne Frank who was basically a refugee died a horrible death in Belsen Bergen, together with her sister. And you are comparing these 2 girls as if they were equals.
Edit or delete this